Having friends that work in the entertainment industry can be such a bonus sometimes. Between all of us, we have a representative at almost every major network (bottom floor, but nevertheless), so it has its perks (though the only ones I have are access to the lot and studio store because I'm a freelancer, but whatever). It's because of this we've seen free preview screenings of Star Trek, gotten in to "American Idol" and "The Price is Right," been to wrap parties, etc... One such friend works as a casting assistant for a primetime network show, and was given tickets to The Grinch Musical by a manager of one of the Who's, and this friend so graciously invited me along.
photo credit: http://www.grinchmusical.com/
Overall, the show was suited more for younger audiences... and I tend to embrace my inner 9 year old on a daily basis. It didn't showcase much talent, either. But it was fun, and if you have young kids, I'd recommend it. But if you're planning to go with friends, I'd spend the money elsewhere. Or wait for something else to come along. I regret I didn't go to Wicked when it was here, but that was last year, when I was broke as a joke. And I'd seen it in London when I was there - my first "Broadway" (West End) musical - and I didn't really want to tarnish that memory anyway (HAH! Excuse much?)
The best part of my night? (Other than hanging out with Skip, of course)
photo credit: me and my blackberry
I immediately reverted back to the fangirl I try so hard to suppress. Being a head cutting serial killer has it's perks, too, I guess.
32. Go to 15 shows/concerts (2/15)




Awww I saw this show too! Compliments of the Community Paper my BF writes for! I thought it was very cute =D I was deprived as a child lol
ReplyDeleteStopping by from 20sb. Happy Holidays =D